ISLAMABAD  - Interior Minister Rehman Malik on Sunday said the Afghan government had helped in shutting the militant training camps of Brahmdagh Bugti on its soil.

However, the federal minister said he would welcome Brahamdagh Bugti, the aggrieved Baloch leader, on his return to Pakistan. Talking to media persons, he said Brahamdagh along with his 5,000 accomplices had established training camps in Afghanistan. But Afghan President Hamid Karzai took action against them when Pakistan provided him information about the separatist leader.

“We received information during Brahmdagh Bugti’s stay in Kabul that more than 5,000 of his supporters are in Kandahar. We also had details about the place where they were being trained, the three houses that had been used for them. We shared all the information with President Karzai and I am thankful to him that he closed the training camps,” the interior minister told reporters.

He said the government had been able to convince the world community why it was important for Pakistan to shift the Baloch leader from Kabul.

Rehman cautioned that those, who had planned to destabilise Pakistan, would not discard the objective in near future. But he did not name the person, group or country aiming to damage Pakistan. He said all the Baloch separatist groups and their leaders were being monitored.

Rehman again invited the Baloch leaders settled abroad to resolve the Balochistan issue by having a dialogue and assured them that they would not be arrested on their return.

He said he would brief media on the missing persons, adding that they had given all the necessary information to the commission investigating the case.

“Only 48 people are missing in Balochistan,” Rehman claimed.

He said they had written a letter to Interpol to ensure arrest of former president Pervez Musharraf.