ISLAMABAD - Three Egyptians and lone Pakistani move into the semifinals of the Second Serena Hotels Chief of Air Staff $25,000 International Squash Championship 2015 after carving out contrasting victories against their respective opponents in the quarterfinals played here at Mushaf Mir Squash Complex on Sunday.

Defending champion Omar Abdel Meguid faces compatriot Karim Al-Fathi in the first semifinal at while Pakistan's lone hope Nasir Iqbal faces stiff Mohamed Abouelghar challenge in the second semifinal today.

Farhan must blame himself for defeat against top seed and defending champion Egyptian world number 31 Omar Abdel Meguid as it was he committed series of unforced errors, which cost him the match. Egyptian top seed Omar also showed very poor sportsmanship as he almost on every second call opened the court door and started heated conversation with the chair referee Jamshed Gul.

Chair referee should have given him warning for his unsporting behavior. His tactics and slowing down the tempo of the match frustrates Farhan, who is well-known for his short temper.

It was see saw battle in the first game. Farhan was leading in the early parts and was 4-1 up in the game, but he allowed Omar to stage strong comeback in the game. At one stage, Farhan was at the brink of losing the game as he was 7-9 down but he won next 4 points in a row to take the first game 11-9 in 15 minutes.

Farhan was outclassed by Omar in the second game as Omar had taken 9-0 lead before Farhan broke the duck. Omar took the game 11-1 in just four minutes.

In the third game, Farhan was not in a mood to let Omar win the match easily. Farhan was 0-3 down and then again 3-7 down. But Farhan came back strongly and reduced the deficit to 6-7 before making it to 11-11. At that stage Farhan could have easily seal the game as he was serving at 12-11 for the game, but he silly mistakes and hit the tin countless times. It was not too hard to judge, who would finally prevail, as Omar took full advantage of Farhan's mistakes and seal the third game 14-12 in 28 minutes, the longest single game played in the entire event.

Omar once gains raced onto 4-1 lead in the 4th game and it was Omar who was dictating terms using his giant body to the best of his advantage disturbing Farhan and not clearing his way. Eventually Farhan lost the game 6-11 in 15 minutes and the match.

In the second quarterfinal, Egyptian world number 42 overcame spirited Tayyab Aslam in 35 minutes 3-0.Tayyab, a world number 82, gave tough resistance before going down fighting. Tayyab was in full flow in the first game before losing the game 9-11. He lost the second game with same 9-11 margin. After playing back-to-back tough games, he ran out of steam and lost the third game 6-11.

In the third quarterfinal, Nasir Iqbal survived a scare before winning against wild card recipient Israr Ahmed 3-1 in 47 minutes. Nasir, Pakistan's lone representation in top 50 presently sitting at world number 47, beat Israr, a world number 297, 11-9, 11-5, 8-11 and 11-5.

In the last quarterfinal of the day, Egyptian world number 38 Mohamed Abouelghar defeated his fellow countryman Shehab Essam, world number 89, 3-2 in a close encounter. Abouelghar won 11-7, 4-11, 11-7, 8-11, 11-7.