QUETTA - Female activists of Baloch Students Organisation (BSO) - Azad were allegedly baton charged by the Frontier Corps personnel in Turbat on Friday when they tried to stage a sit-in outside the FC camp. The BSO activists took out a rally against the alleged excesses of security forces in Balochistan and arrest of Master Ali Jan who was allegedly picked up from Tump area. They chanted slogans against the security forces and demanded immediate halt of alleged atrocities in Balochistan. The activists gathered outside the FC camp, upon which FC personnel resorted to baton charge and fired tear gas to disperse the protesters. Owing to shelling and baton charge, dozens of activists were wounded and some of them fell unconscious. A local journalist was also allegedly manhandled for covering the event and his camera had also been snatched. Meanwhile, Quetta police claim to have arrested three accused involved in hand grenade attacks, blowing up of railway tracks and carrying out other subversive activities in provincial capital and seized a big cache of arms and ammunition from their possession. Capital City Police Officer (CCPO) Abid Hussain Nothkani disclosed this while addressing a Press conference on Friday. DIG Operations, Shahid Nizam Durrani, SSP Investigation Khalid Masood were also present on the occasion. 'Police recovered 49 hand grenades, 44 kg explosives, 2 remote control systems, electric detonators, non-electric detonator and mobiles phone from their possession, he added. The accused were identified as Karim Khan, Rahim Khan and Allahyar. Responding to a question, Nothkani said that the accused during investigations had made confession that they had received training from neighbouring country. 'They have also accepted responsibility of blowing up of Railway tracks, grenades attack on the houses of settlers and carrying out motorcycle bomb blasts, he added. CCPO said that after concerted action against anti-social elements, law and order situation had improved in the Quetta to a great extent. He said that a team comprised of senior police officials was investigating accused persons. He said that security had been tightened in Quetta to avoid any untoward situation during holy month of Ramazan.