QUETTA - Head of United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) Balochistan John Solecki, who was freed yesterday evening in District Mastung some 50 kilometres away from the provincial capital after two months in captivity, has left for United States from Quetta International Airport in a special plane on Sunday. Talking to the newsmen UNHCR Spokesman for Balochistan Dunya Aslam confirmed his departure and said he is on his way back home. John Solecki was kidnapped here on February 2 when he had left his residence to office. Later on Feb 7, the BLUF, a previously unknown organisation, claimed the responsibility for the kidnapping and demanded United Nations to exert pressure on Pakistani authorities for the release of 1109 Baloch political activists, including 141 women. However, kidnappers released the UN official unhurt after keeping him in captivity for over two months. The abduction of UNHCR official was widely criticised by all Baloch political parties and demanded for his immediate and safe recovery. Talking to the Nation, Secretary General of Balochistan National Party (Mengal) Habib Jalib Baloch said releasing John Solecki on humanitarian grounds was a clear message to the international community that Baloch resistance organisations were not terrorists rather they were struggling for the self-determination of Baloch people. He said Baloch people had been struggling for their genuine rights, which according to him, were denied by the rulers. He alleged that thousands of Baloch political workers were languishing in prisons and torture cells and hundreds of people were bombed in Kohlu and Dera Bugti districts but UN and other humanitarian organisations did not take any action. It is duty of the United Nations to stop violation of human rights in Balochistan and take notice of excesses by the rulers, he urged. The veteran Baloch nationalist leader Nawab Khair Bakhsh Marri and his son Nawabzada Harbiyar Marri had also made repeated appeals to the kidnappers for the safe and early release of John Solecki.