LAHORE - Offensive midfielder Adnan Farooq Ahmed, who used to play for Port Vale in England, gave sigh of relief to Pakistan as four-times SAF Games gold medalist started their mission in third AFC Challenge Cup Qualifiers on Saturday with 1-1 draw against Chinese Taipei. It was lively Group-D game at Sugathadasa Stadium in Sri Lankan capital of Colombo between FIFA-ranked 166 Pakistan which is one placed above Chinese Taipei (167). Earlier, 1995 SAFF Champion Sri Lanka overwhelmed under-dogs Brunei Darussalam 5-1 at same venue. There will be no match on Sunday and event will resume on April 6 with following matches afterwards. Pakistan v Brunei Darussalam and Chinese Taipei v Sri Lanka. The AFC Challenge Cup is competition for emerging countries (those in the lowest of three categories as designed by the AFC President) that are members of the AFC. The winners of four qualifying groups and the best runners-up will join Challenge Cup holders India, Tajikistan and North Korea in the next year's finals. Both the teams started the game in cautiously and Taipei drew first blood when Tatung's front-runner Chang Han pounced on the rebound given by keeper Amir Gul in the 24th minute and hammered the ball into left corner. The East Asian team might have scored more goals but Amir parried the attempts of Huang Kai-chun, Chiang Ming-han and Lo Chih-en. It was first ever international for NBP's Amir Gul who was asked by coach George Kottan to go under the bar following injury to first-choice Army's keeper Jaffar Khan. Chinese Taipei, under coach Chen Sing-an, led 1-0 at interval. Kottan changed the game plan and Pakistan completely dominated the second session but they managed to earn only leveler through Adnan Farooq in the 53rd minute. A reckless foul resulted in a penalty kick and Adnan slotted the ball past keeper Lu Kun-chi. Pakistanis were luckless as winger Safi Ullah, spearhead Jadeed Khan and Adnan failed to show proper marksmanship infront of goal as the match ended 1-1. It was third clash between the two countries. The first match took place way back in May 25 1958 during third Asian Games when Taiwan, representing China, brought off 3-1 win at Tokyo. Taipei's Chungshan Stadium hosted the second-ever match between two nations last year in the same event with Pakistan winning 2-1.