Fire broke out at a cloth market in Multan early Saturday morning causing huge financial losses.

Rescue sources said that fire broke out at Kalay Mandi Bazaar of the city early in the morning that gutted 15 to 20 shops rapidly.

Eight fire tenders soon reached the site to tame the blaze, however, congested streets hampered rescue efforts.

Rescue teams struggled to extinguish the fire site due to narrow streets and limited resources.

The electricity was disconnected as a precautionary measure to avoid any other untoward situation. 

The cause of the fire could not be ascertained immediately. But short circuit had often been blamed for such incidents in the past.