TOBA TEK SINGH- A girl was burnt alive in a fire broke out in a room of her house here on Tuesday.

Deceased Samia Bibi, daughter of Naseer Ahmad, a resident of Ghousia Chowk, Pirmahal, was busy pressing clothes with an electric iron. In the meanwhile, due to short-circuit the wiring caught fire which left her stranded in the room. As a result she sustained critical burns and died instantly.

Scores of residents of Chak 662/3 GB, Pirmahal staged a protest against over alleged grabbing of land reserved for sewerage pond. They told newsmen that due to the closure of sewerage lines flowing to the pond, filthy water is flowing through streets, causing bad smell and giving birth to mosquitoes. They demanded restoration of the sewerage system in the area and retrieval of the land.