LAHORE A 14-year-old unidentified boy was burnt to death on Saturday when a fire erupted in a National College of Arts hostel located in the Islampura police precincts. Police investigators blamed negligence [of a security guard] as the reason for the fire eruption. The incident took place in a tent established in the hostel. After the initial inquiry into the incident, the police said Naeem, an NCA Canteen employee, arrived in the college along with his unknown friend here on Friday night. It seems that they slept [last night] in the tent with burning fire in order to warm themselves. Resultantly, the tent caught fire, an Edhi Foundation official said. He said the Rescue 1122 fire fighters, the City District Governments officials and the Edhi Ambulance reached the spot just minutes after the NCA administration informed them of the incident. The fire was still chewing up tent articles when we reached there. We extinguished it within an hour of our arrival, a Fire Fighter said. Police officers dealing with the case said that the body so badly burnt it could not be immediately identified. So they removed it to the City Morgue for autopsy. The Sui-Gas officers, however, said the fire erupted due to the negligence of a security guard, whose gas heater was left on during the night. The police, however, said any concrete conclusion would only be established after Naeem was arrested (he is missing since the incident). We have raided his house, which was found locked, a senior police officer said. On the other side, the NCA administration claimed the valuables worth thousands of rupees have been reduced to ashes. Meanwhile, two persons succumbed to injuries during road accidents in different police areas on Saturday. The 40-year-old Mohammad Arshad, a resident of Renala Khurd, was crossing the Multan Road in Manga Mandi police area when a speeding dumper hit him. He suffered multiple wounds and was rushed to a nearby hospital where the doctors pronounced him dead. Later, the body was handed over to his heirs after completing necessary medico-legal formalities. No case was registered till filing of this report.