KARACHI A Cessna aircraft belonging to a private company carrying 21 passengers crashed within a minute of its takeoff from Terminal-I of Karachi Airport, killing all on board including cockpit crew on early Friday morning. The aircraft belonging to Jehangir Siddiqui Aircraft Company was destined for Bhitshah Oilfield when it plummeted to earth just a few thousand metres from the runway, crashing into an open field of COD premises. The ill-fated plane had a crew of two pilots and there were as many crew members including a technicians and a guard and 17 members of Italian Oil and Gas Company namely Enti Nationally Ibrokalani (ENI), according to Pervaiz George, spokesman of Civil Aviation Authority. He said that the plane took off at 7.13 in the morning and within a minute crashed into a ground of COD. Immediately after hitting the ground, the plane caught fire and all the passengers onboard were killed. Rescuers of various organisations rushed to the spot along with the police and media but the army authorities declined to allow media personnel to the site of the crash. Colonel Noor Alam of Cantonment Board while talking said that people onboard were completely burnt and efforts were immediately made to douse the fire. He said that he could not allow media to record the burning plane because everyone can understand the reason. The bodies of 21 victims were taken to Aga Khan Hospital and were later shifted to the JPMC, said the spokesman of CAA. Dr Seemi Jamali, In-charge of Emergency at JPMC when contacted said that 17 bodies were brought to the hospital mortuary and those would be handed over to the heirs after identification. The bodies of victims not identified would be handed over to families after DNA test, said Dr Jamali. Colonel Mukhtar Ahmed Butt, Advisor to DG CAA told the media that the pilot of the ill-fated plane contacted the base and informed that the Engine-II of the plane had developed some sort of the trouble before the aircraft crashed. He added that the Black Box of the plane has been recovered and if there was any negligence, it could be determined though proper investigation. Colonel Butt further explained that no plane could take off without the clearance of the report issued by the concerned staff after a thorough check up of the plane. The plane was manufactured in 1990 and the Pakistani company bought the plane in 2007. The spokesman of JS Aircraft Company Captain Nadeem Hanif did not respond when calls were made on his cell phone. Colonel Butt said that DG CAA had formed a committee under the supervision of Colonel Khawaja Abdul Majeed to probe the incident. In the meantime, 17 bodies had been identified and seven of them were handed over to the families of the victims. Hospital sources confirmed that samples for DNA test have been collected and the remaining dead bodies of the victims will be given to the families after examinations. Ahmad Ahmadani from Islamabad adds: It is important to note that Italian oil company Eni signed a cooperation protocol sector in March 2009 with Pakistan aimed at developing new energy projects. It is one of the largest foreign producers in Pakistans energy. The unfortunate aircraft split into two after crashing into an open area inside the boundary of the militarys Central Ordnance Depot in Karachi, and caught fire. Moreover, Chief Executive Eni, Paolo Scaroni along with Claudio Descalzi, Head of Enis exploration and production division were heading to Pakistan after a plane chartered by the Italian energy company crashed in the Asian country. Reportedly, Pervez George, a spokesman for the countrys Civil Aviation Authority informed that accident took place at 7:15am. The pilot told the control tower minutes before the crash that there appeared to be some fault with the engine. Eni has been in Pakistan since 2000.