ISLAMABAD - Oil & Gas Development Company Limited (OGDCL), in another achievement, has discovered oil (480 barrel per day) in Tando Allah Yar, Sindh.

According to a handout, this newly discovered well is 95 per cent owned by OGDCL, while Government Holding Private Limited possesses its remaining 5 per cent shares. The capacity of the well was tested through down hole jet pump, through selective Interval (B-Sand) of Lower Goru Sand member.

The discovery of Jarwar Well number 01 will add to the hydrocarbon reserves base of the OGDCL and GHPL, the release said. This is the second oil discovery which OGDCL has made within the short span of two months.

The structure of Jarwar Well # 01 was delineated, drilled and tested by using OGDCL’s in-house expertise. The well was drilled down to the depth of 1473 meters, targeting to test the hydrocarbon potential of upper sand of Lower Goru Formation.

Muhammad Rafi, Managing Director and CEO of OGDCL, further expressed that OGDCL had reached the 100th landmark of hydrocarbon well discovery at Soghri-1 located in district Attock under the Soghri Exploration License in the month of September, 2014 and the Prime Minister had inaugurated the discovery on 17th September, 2014. Soghri well is currently producing 220 barrels per day of condensate and delivers 17 million cubic feet of gas per day.