KASUR-A local magisterial court on Tuesday remanded two police officers, accused of killing Mudassar in a 'shootout' declaring him rapist and murderer of minor girl Eman Fatima, into custody of a Joint Investigation Team (JIT) for four days.

Eman Fatima was abducted by unidentified suspect(s) in February 2017 and was later found raped and murdered at an under-construction house.

The police arrested a youth, Mudassar and had him killed in a shootout declaring him the rapist and murderer of the minor girl.

The circumstances, however, turned against the police officers with the arrest of suspected rapist and murderer of seven-year-old Zainab who confessed to have killed several minor girls including Eman Fatima after rape.

Imran's DNA examination also confirmed his involvement in rape and murder of Eman Fatima. It led to the reopening of Eman Fatima case and start of a thorough inquiry into the killing of 'suspect' Mudassir at the hands of policemen.

The Joint Investigation Team which was formed for looking into the case started investigation from six police officers including sub inspector Muhammad Ali, assistant sub inspector Tanvir Ahmed and Muhammad Sharif.

The Joint Investigation Team had summoned former Kasur Saddr police SHO Haji Younus Dogar for investigation but he switched off his cell phone and went into hiding. He, however, appeared before the Joint Investigation Team team two days back.

The Joint Investigation Team arrested him and Inspector Riaz Abbas and produced them in the court of magistrate Muhammad Shahid. The court remanded the police officers into custody of the JIT for four days.

Dacoits make off with

cash, cell phones

Dacoits made off with cash and cell phones from a mobile phone shop here the other day.

Amir Zahoor, resident of Mohallah Bagai Wala submitted an application to Kamalia City police stating that two armed men barged into his shop, looted cash and mobile phones at gunpoint and went away. The police registered a case and started investigation.