LAHORE – A 25-year-old girl was burnt alive in her kitchen at her residence in Shahdara Police area on Friday.

The deceased was identified as Nazia, daughter of Munawwar and a resident of Farrukhabad. Police investigators said that the deceased was preparing food on stove when her clothes caught fire as a result of which she sustained severe burn injuries. She was taken to the Burn Unit of the Mayo Hospital in critical condition where the doctors announced her as dead.

Meanwhile, valuables worth millions of rupees were reduced to ashes in separate fire eruption incident. On Friday, fire broke out in basement of the Shan Arcade Plaza in Barkat Market owing to short circuiting reducing furniture and plastic to ashes. Fire fighters of Civil Defence reached the spot and extinguished the fire. A gypsy’s cloth made tent located on Shadman drain caught fire while a woman was preparing food. Resultantly, the man Akram and his wife received minor burn injuries in the fire.