LAHORE Robbers on Wednesday went on the rampage, injuring five people for offering resistance and made off with cash, gold ornaments and other valuables in several successful strikes in the City, police sources claimed. The robbers equipped with sophisticated weapons set up a picket and intercepted a car near Sundar Crossing in Manga Mandi police precincts in the wee hours of Wednesday. The victims were coming to Lahore from Chishtian when the robbers stopped them and held them up at gunpoint at a busy inter-district road. As they tried to overpower the bandits, they opened straight fire on them and fled away after snatching cellular phones and cash. Three car riders identified as Haji Iqbal, Muhammad Maqbool and Tariq sustained bullet wounds and were rushed to a local hospital, where the condition of one of them was reported to be critical till filing of this report. The police did not respond to the robbery despite repeated attempts made by the victims while the incident spread a wave of terror in the entire locality, local residents said. Meanwhile, armed assailants barged into the house of Asif Mehmood in Raiwind police vicinity, held up the family members at gunpoint and demanded cash and gold ornaments. As Asif tried to raise an alarm, one of the bandits opened fire at him. The man sustained bullet wounds and was rushed to a local hospital while the robbers fled away from the crime scene. In another incident, Muhammad Awais was on his way to home when two motorcyclists intercepted him in Kot Abdul Malik in Shahdara police precincts. The robbers held him at gunpoint and demanded mobile phone and purse. As the youth tried to resist, they shot and injured him. The robbers fled away after snatching cash and mobile phones. Awais was rushed to a local hospital in serious condition. The police have failed to trace any of the robbers and are investigating with no arrests made so far. Boy Die: A five-year-old boy died after falling from the rooftop of his house here in Misri Shah Area, police and rescue workers said on Wednesday. Muhammad Ismael, son of Zareef, was playing at the rooftop of the three-storey house situated in Chah Miran locality when he suddenly slipped. He sustained serious head injuries and was rushed to a nearby hospital but died in the way.