LAHORE - This was perhaps the first time since the present turmoil triggered that police put barbed wire and hurdles to prevent entry of people in PML-N rally in the City on Friday. Heavy police contingent was posted at all entry points of Shahrah-e-Quaid-e-Azam and New Anarkali to check vehicular traffic and the pedestrians. Both the commercial places remained completely closed on the occasion. Heavy police force was also posted around the Governor's House to check any untoward incident and under fears that the rally could proceed beyond Faisal Chowk. The rally terminated at the Chowk as per schedule where it turned into a big public meeting. The police strictly checked entry of PML-N workers holding party flags. This caused inconvenience to them as well as to the general public. Even the journalists faced difficulty and those who could not prove their identity were prevented from entering the site. But as the aspirants converged into thousands, they managed their access to Nila Gumbad and Shahrah-e-Quaid-e-Azam through various entry points and unmanned lanes. The rally was organised from Nila Gumbad to Faisal Chowk to express resentment over the Supreme Court's (SC) judgment into Sharifs eligibility case, subsequent imposition of Governor Rule in Punjab and for free judiciary. Previously the Administration did not deploy heavy police contingent to check the PML-N rallies since these started after the SC decision, though barricades were put to divert the traffic. This time the motive was not only to divert the traffic but also to bar the workers of the N-League from attending the rally. Hurdles were created at Shahrah-e-Fatima Jinnah near Ganga Ram Hospital and again near Plaza Cinema Chowk. Similarly, barbed wire and barricades were put on Lower Mall from the Government MAO College, Civil Secretariat, Data Darbar, Kutchery Road and Upper Mall. The participants coming from the suburbs of Lahore on buses, wagons and motorbikes had to face great difficulty. They parked their vehicles at a fair distance from the hurdles and walked on foot to their destination. However, the police did not resort to use any brute force to disperse the rally except some minor cases. The rally was one of the biggest in the City with the participation of thousands of people at Faisal Chowk, where PML-N Quaid Mian Nawaz Sharif and former Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif addressed. The rally started around 2 pm from Nila Gumbad Mosque. It reached Faisal Chowk at 5 pm where it turned to a public meeting and continued for three hours. Nawaz Sharif in his address said that he wanted to join the rally from Nila Gumbad but could not do so due to the reconciliatory meeting with the mediators Maulana Fazl-ur-Rehman and Asfandyar Wali. He said he would do so in the next rally but expressed his hope that it may not happen and the people will listen good news shortly.