LONDON (AFP) Tottenham booked a lucrative place in the Champions League in dramatic fashion as Peter Crouchs late header clinched a 1-0 win against Manchester City on Wednesday. Harry Redknapps team will finish at least fourth in the Premier League, guaranteeing a place in the Champions League qualifying rounds, after Crouchs 82nd minute winner at Eastlands opened up a four-point advantage over fifth-placed City with just one match to play. A fixture dubbed a 50 million pounds play-off for a place in Europes elite club competition lived up to its billing as both sides went for broke, but it was Spurs who were deserved winners. Redknapp said: Its fantastic. Its been a terrific season for us, weve played some great football along the way and we deserve it. It was a good night, we played some good stuff and I could see the goal coming. Crouchy was fantastic, led the line, unbelievable. It was a good performance. City manager Roberto Mancini could be sacked as a result of his failure to secure fourth place, but asked whether he thought he would be staying, he said: I think so. Its disappointing because I think we played a good game, a game we had to win or we went out of the Champions League. I think weve had a good season because well play in the Europa League next year and weve improved a lot. Im disappointed with this result, but its football. The presence of Ledley King, who struggles with a persistent knee injury, in Tottenhams team for a rare second appearance in quick succession showed just how important the match was. Spurs last played in the European Cup in the 1961-61 season and they earned the right to play against the continents best again with a dominant display. Crouchs header hit the woodwork early on before King had a headed goal ruled out for a foul on Gareth Barry. There were chances at both ends in an open encounter and it took fine stops from Marton Fulop to deny Spurs duo Crouch and Jermain Defoe in the second half. Crouch finally broke the deadlock in the 82nd minute when he headed home from close-range after Fulop could only push Younes Kabouls cross into his path. Etherington sinks Europa League finalists Fulham Stoke dampened Fulhams spirits ahead of the Europa League final as Matthew Etheringtons late strike secured a 1-0 win at Craven Cottage on Wednesday. Etheringtons goal meant Tony Puliss side played the party poopers in Fulhams last home game before they head off to Hamburg to face Atletico Madrid in the final of Europes second tier competition next week. The Cottagers have enjoyed a fairytale run in Europe this season but they were brought back down to earth by gritty Stoke and will be looking for a positive performance at Arsenal on Sunday to go into the Atletico clash on a high. After resting most of his stars for Sundays win over West Ham in their aftermath of their Europa League win over Hamburg, Roy Hodgson opted to restore his senior players to the starting line-up, but leading scorer Bobby Zamora was still sidelined with an Achilles injury. Fulhams board have been chasing extra tickets for their supporters for the final and there was a feeling Hodgsons players had their minds on the Atletico clash as well during a lacklustre first-half. Damien Duff had Fulhams first chance but he dragged a volley wide from Simon Davies cross. Duff was involved again with a neat pass to Zoltan Gera, only for the Hungarian to scoop his shot over from 10 yards. With Stoke unable to bludgeon Fulham into submission with their usual barrage of long balls and set-pieces, there was little to keep the crowd interested and it took until the 38th minute for either side to get a shot on target. Clint Dempsey slipped a pass through to Gera, who fired his shot straight at Stoke goalkeeper Asmir Begovic to sum up a tepid first half. Hodgson was forced to take off Duff as the Irish winger finished the first half clutching his leg and he sent on Erik Nevland, who was making his last home appearance for the club before moving to Viking Stavanger. Stoke posed more of a threat after the break and Ricardo Fuller glanced a header wide from a Rory Delap throw. The Cottagers came close themselves through Dickson Etuhus header and a Dempsey shot which Begovic push wide. Etuhu then climbed well to beat Delap from a Danny Murphy corner but Begovic was equal to the midfielders header. But it was Stoke who stole the points in the 83rd minute when Fullers cross skimmed off Tuncays back to fall to Etherington, who smashed home off the woodwork.