ISLAMABAD - The Supreme Court on Monday directed the President Islamabad High Court Bar Association (IHCBA) to make submission about the Islamabad court attack after examining its report in the SC registrar office.
Chief Justice Tassaduq Hussain Jillani, heading a three-judge bench, hearing suo moto action upon the incident of indiscriminate firing and suicide attack in District Courts, Islamabad, directed the office not to make the report public during the pendency of these proceedings.
The Committee, headed by Shaukat Aziz Siddiqui, a judge of Islamabad High Court (IHC), has submitted its report in the Supreme Court last week. According to the sources, the report recommended action against senior officers of the capital police and the district administration for their negligence.
IHC Chief Justice Mohammad Anwar Khan Kasi had constituted the committee to probe the March 3, 2014 district court attack. The committee recorded the statements of about 70 witnesses, including police and intelligence officials.
The sources told that the report comprised 440 pages and out of that 140 pages are about fact-finding. The report said the IGP and the SSP Operations were directly responsible for providing security in the district courts. However, the deputy commissioner is responsible for the security lapses.
The report dismissed the notion that the terrorist attack was launched to kill any specific judge. There were six attackers, whose purpose was to terrorise the entire judiciary and the lawyer community in Rawalpindi and Islamabad. The report recommended that the District Courts should be shifted to a safe location.
The court directed the President IHCBA to make his submission in the next date of hearing and adjourned the case till April 9.