LAHORE - Pakistan has started paperwork wherein it will ask India for compensation for the poor Pakistani victims of Samjhota Express blasts in the light of Lockerbie case, well-placed sources revealed here on Monday. The authorities are also considering some groundwork to be initiated to get access to the accused linked to Hindutva terror, once the case proceeds in the Indian courts. The sources believed the compensation agreement would help grant India immunity from terror-related lawsuits, if filed any. Under the possible arrangement, New Dehli will not accept responsibility for the acts but it will provide the money to compensate the poor Pakistani nationals, who were charred to death in the two bogies of the Samjhota Express in Feb 2007. We are working on this case and we have enough (material) to convince New Delhi to compensate the poor victims on the pattern of Lockerbie case, a high-level official said, requesting anonymity. It may be recalled President George Bush had signed legislation that paved way for the US to settle all remaining lawsuits against Libya by the American terrorism victims, and also paving the way for complete rapprochement between Libya and the US. Libya had to compensate millions of US dollars for the families of victims under the agreement. On the other hand, the Indian establishment is making attempts to shield the role of Indian army as no less than 8 to 10 officers of the Indian Military Intelligence were reported to be involved in terror cases against the Muslims. The role of foreign agencies is also likely to be exposed if investigation proceeds in the right direction. Last month, the Hindu Right Wing terrorist Swami Aseemanand had confessed that Hindutva radicals were behind the bomb attack on the Samjhota Express in 2007, which left more than 60 Pakistanis dead in India. Aseemanand, Aka Naba Kumar Sarkar, named absconding Hindutva militants Ramji Kaisangra and Sandeep Dange as the key plotters in the terror attack. The probe team had found that the bomb used in the train was kept in a suitcase that was bought from a shop in Indores Kothari Market. The suitcase had cloth covers stitched by a local tailor. The NIA is now trying to get details of those who bought the suitcases and the covers. The Indian government on the other hand said it would share information with Pakistan on the investigation into the Samjhota Express blast once the probe was completed. Reportedly, Home Secretary GK Pillai said India understood the concerns of Pakistan as several Pakistani citizens were killed in the blast but the investigation was not yet over. As and when the investigation is completed and the charge sheet is filed, we would definitely share the information with Pakistan. He further said the government was committed to bring to justice anyone who committed terror irrespective of religion or anything else as it considered such people criminals. However, the entire Indian establishment joined hands in keeping the lid on this much-known conspiracy of silence. Despite presence of overwhelming incriminating evidence, the culprits were meted out kid-glove treatment. Ignoring their well established terrorist antecedents, the culprits were charged under those provisions of Indian law which ensured they were let off easily. Initially, the police even had tried to cover up the incident stating the blasts had been caused by a cache of firecrackers rather than by a viciously assembled pipe bomb.