At least three children died of suffocation due to gas leakage from heater here in Kachlag area.

According to details children of Maulvi Rehmatullah, a resident of Kachlag locality of Quetta, were sleeping at night keeping the gas heater turned on.

At night heater turned off after gas supply was suspended and later gas filled in the room after its restoration.

Three children identified as Hikmatullah 10, Zulqaida 08, and Shakira13 died of suffocation.

The bodies were shifted to Civil Hospital Quetta, and later handed over to heirs after conducting postmortem.