ISLAMABAD Despite giving two extensions for the submission of Haj applications, the desired target could not be achieved as Ministry of Religious Affairs only received sixty five thousand applications against the eighty thousand announced capacity under the government quota. Experts believe that current inflation was one of the main reasons for slow turnout of applications as people were struggling to make ends meet, and so showed less ability to perform Haj this year as against the past. However, Federal Minister for Religious Affairs Hamid Sayed Kazmi, on Wednesday while presiding over a meeting at the Religious Affairs Ministry said that there was no need for extending the date as the Ministry would achieve its target by giving a chance to those who could not perform Hajj during the last two years. Hamid Kazmi once again ruled out any possibility in reduction of Haj dues saying without govt subsidies it was not possible for the Ministry, so intended pilgrims would have to submit the announced amount of Rs 2,38000. He said that those who could not perform their religious obligation last year due to misconduct of Haj operators or those who didnt withdraw their money from banks would be accommodated this year. So through this we can achieve the target Kazmi added. Sources in the Ministry said that this year there was a rare chance for balloting as the Ministry has so far received only 65,000 applications.