The auditions for the X-Factor had been scheduled to start on Monday but they were postponed following the death of the judge Simon Cowell’s 89 year old mother, Julie Brett, on Sunday. However, it was not told that when would they be rescheduled but it has been reported that Simon will be returning after a short break.

It has been reported that the auditions will now start in Manchester on Wednesday and Thursday this week. The new panel will include Cheryl Fernandez Versini, Rita Ora and Nick Grimshaw, it is said that an extra audition session will be held on Thursday.

An insider said: “Simon need’s time to get over the death of Julie, it is a huge loss for him and his family, but at the same time he knows how many people are involved in the X Factor and doesn’t like to let people down.”

“Julie was a big fan of the show, so it feels right to take some time out and then come back and work on the show later in the week.” numerous numbers of people have paid tribute to Julie online and have shown support to Simon in his hard time.

Among these people is Niall Horan from the famous boy band One Direction, who also appeared on X Factor’s 2010 edition.

Niall tweeted: “Very sad to hear of the passing of Julie, very nice lady! Condolences are with Simon and his family at this time…”