ISLAMABAD - Interior Minister Rehman Malik on Sunday said that abduction of a five-year old British-born child had tarnished the image of the country and joint investigations were underway for immediate recovery of the boy. Rehman Malik was talking to media persons after meeting the parents of the abducted child at his house in Jhelum. The action of the abductors had created a bad image of the country before those Pakistani who are living abroad. The kidnappers will be dealt with an iron hand, Malik said. He while warning the kidnappers asked them to release the child within 48 hours. He said that provincial government was thoroughly investigating into the case with all possible angles in close liaison with the Federal Government and a possible breakthrough was expected in the next couple of days. He showed his satisfaction over the investigations being done by police, FIA and other agencies. The members of the family of the child have shared a very useful information with the investigators and it will prove helpful in his recovery, he said, adding that he could not share this information with the media as it could affect the investigation process. He further said the involvement of a close family member of the child in the incident could not be ruled out and the police were also looking the matter with reference to this angle. To a query, he said that Government had already formed long-term strategies to prevent such incidents, adding, We are fighting a war against extremists as well as terrorists and some miscreants wanted to destabilise the country through such bad actions. Some unknown persons had kidnapped Sahil Saeed on Wednesday night after terrorising his family at a time when his father Raja Naqash Saeed was waiting for a taxi to leave for airport. It is pertinent to mention here that Sahil has not be recovered for the last four days despite tall claims of the federal and provincial governments regarding his early recovery.