QUETTA - Three Punjabi labourers were shot dead and another five sustained wounds when unidentified gunmen attacked them in Kech district on Wednesday. In another incident two Bugti tribesmen were killed and a Marri tribesman injured in Naseerabad.

According to sources in Levies Force, a group of Punjabis were standing at a bus stop in Mand Bulo area when unidentified gunmen attacked them, killing three people and wounding another five critically.

The deceased and injured were rushed to hospital. Two deceased were identified as Riaz Ahmed and Gulzar while the injured were Fiaz, Shafiq, Ejaz, Sufyan and Ehsan. “The victims were waiting for a bus after returning from Iran via Mand Bulo border when they were attacked,” sources said, adding the victims belonged to Punjab. They said three companions of the victims remained unhurt in the attack.

“The incident appears to be a case of target killing,” an official said. However, no group has claimed responsibility so far.

The bodies of deceased were sent to their native towns after completion of legal formalities.

Meanwhile, Balochistan Chief Minister Nawab Muhammad Aslam Raisani condemned the incident and directed authorities concerned to apprehend the culprits.

Separately, the FC personnel allegedly killed two more Bugti tribesmen and injured a man from Marri tribe in Nasirabad, some 400 KM southeast of Quetta.

One of the deceased was identified as Baga Bugti and the injured was Rory Marri.

However, FC spokesman said the personnel repulsed an attack by the militants, which left two people dead and another injured while the rest managed to escape.

On the other hand, Baloch Republican Army spokesman Sarbaz Baloch rejected the FC security forces claim, alleging that the Wednesday’s killing was part of the forces’ atrocities against Balochs. He said the forces killed 10 innocent tribesmen and injured over 12 in three-day operation in Dera Bugti. “Scores of people, including children and women, went missing,” he added.