QUETTA - At least 17 people including two teachers, a student and paramilitary personnel were injured in two separate hand grenade attacks that rocked the provincial capital on Saturday. In the first incident, as per police sources unidentified motorbikers hurled a hand grenade at Government Girls High School located at Mannu Jan Road, when students were attending the class rooms. The hand grenade landed on the rooftop of the school and went off with a big bang, causing injuries to two teachers identified as Robina and Yasmin. A student also suffered minor injuries in the blast. The blast also caused damage to the roof of staff room and shattered the windowpanes of the several class rooms. The injured were shifted to hospital for treatment. The hospital sources said that condition of teachers was out of danger. DIG Operations Quetta Shahid Nizam Durrani told newsmen that only two teachers were wounded in the hand grenade blast. Attackers managed to escape after committing the crime. Police and personnel of Frontier Corps (FC) reached the site after incident and started investigation. Sources said that police had arrested more than 10 people in connection with the hand grenade attack on school for investigations. Officials of Bomb Disposal Squad said that a locally made explosive device weighing one pound was used in the blast. The second hand grenade attack took place at Meezan Chowk near Baldia Plaza, one of the busiest areas of the City, within the jurisdiction of City Police Station. About 14 people including personnel of paramilitary troops and two children were wounded in the blast. Official sources said that unknown militants lobbed a hand grenade on the check post of Frontiers Corps (FC) and managed to escape. The hand grenade landed near the check post and exploded with a huge bang. Resultantly, 14 people including security personnel identified as Muhammad Rafiq and two children Ali Ahmed and Habibullah sustained multiple injuries. The injured were shifted to Civil Hospital Quetta for treatment. Some of the injured were identified as Abdul Ghaffar, Ameer Muhammad, Abdul Rehman, Abdul Sattar, Ali Bakhsh, Muhammad Sadiq and Muhammad Ismail. Condition of security man Muhammad Rafiq was stated to be serious. Blast scattered several carts which were set up at Meezen Chowk near the check post and people were busy in purchasing items when the blast took place. An eye witness told The Nation that he was busy in purchasing items at Meezan Chowk when he heard a huge explosion that rocked whole the area. Police and other paramilitary troops reached the blast site and cordoned off the area. Police and Bomb Disposal Squad started investigations. A police officer told The Nation that preliminary reports had suggested the apparent target of attackers was personnel of security forces. DSP city Ghulam Hussain Buzdar while talking to newsmen said that it was a hand grenade attack. He said that security had been put on high alert and dozens of check posts were set up in different parts of the City while mobile squads of police and other law enforcement agencies were patrolling the City. No group has claimed the responsibility for both hand grenade attacks so far. Police has registered cases of both incidents against unidentified people and started investigations.