MIRANSHAH - As many as five persons were killed and wounded two others when a US missile hit a house and a religious school in the North Waziristan Agency on Monday, security officials said. The strike targeted a seminary and an adjoining house in Machikhel village in North Waziristan, a security official said. Two other security officials in the area also confirmed that the missile was fired from a US drone. It was not immediately clear who the victims of the strike were. Meanwhile, at least five personnel of security forces were killed and five others got injured when unknown miscreants attacked a convoy here at Shakai area in Wana. According to details, a convoy of the security forces was on its way from Shakai to Wana, the headquarters of South Waziristan Agency (SWA), when it was targeted by an improvised explosive device planted on the road. The injured and the dead were rushed to Scouts Hospital, Wana. So far no one has claimed the responsibility for the attack. However, the area is considered as a strong hold of militant leader Mullah Nazir. Soon after the attack, the security forces started search operation in the area and apprehended six suspected militants. Our Staff Reporter from Peshawar adds: Meanwhile, amidst shelling by gunship helicopters and firing by artillery guns, at least 10 militants were killed and several others got injured in fresh offensive against Mangal Bagh-led insurgents in the troubled Bara, subdivision of Khyber Agency. According to sources, the security forces on the seventh day of the operation pounded the suspected hideouts of militants in Bara and destroyed four important hideouts of militants. The militants also fired some rockets form the nearby hilltops, which resulted in injuring two personnel of the security forces. Since the launch of the military operation against the Mangal-led militants in Bara more than 100 people have been killed while dozens have been arrested. Meanwhile, the political administration directed the people not to come out of their houses, as the operation would be carried out against the targeted militants operating under the umbrella of defunct Lashkar-e-Islam. APP adds: Four terrorists including uncle of militants commander Ibne Amin voluntarily surrendered to security forces at Bar Shaur area during search and clearance operations that are continuing in Swat and Malakand. According to the update of ISPR, in Swat four terrorists including Uncle of Ibn-e-Amin voluntarily surrendered to security forces at Bar Shaur. The Security forces conducted search operation at Rahimabad and Delai and apprehended 5 suspects. Huge cache of arms and ammunitions has been recovered by security forces from a grave at Galoch. Six impersonators dressed in army uniforms carried out fake search in a house in village Deranptai near Runial and took away mobile set and 1800 rupees. Meanwhile, Director General ISPR MajGen Ather Abbas said organised resistance in Swat and Malakand has come to an end and the remaining terrorists and miscreants are on the run. In an interview with Radio Pakistan, he said the Army is pursuing these terrorists. He said Swat operation is the best example of civil-military cooperation as the civilians are fully cooperating with the security forces in hunting down the terrorists and destroying their arms and ammunition dumps. To a question about the funding and backing of the terrorists, he said they had multiple sources of funding. There is evidence to show that the intelligence agencies of the hostile countries provided them funds and weapons. Besides, these people raised funds by kidnapping for ransom, imposing taxes, and through extortion. When asked about propaganda by certain quarters about human rights violations in Swat, the DG ISPR said the civil administration and Army officers posted in the area have looked into the allegations but found no violations.