LAHORE - Justice Mian Saqib Nisar of the Lahore High Court Monday sought report from Registrar on a petition challenging recruitment process of 239 civil judges in Punjab and also issued notices to secretaries Law department and S&GAD. The petition was filed by a senior lawyer, Tariq Aziz Malik, submitting that the procedure adopted for the recruitment was unwarranted by law and the constitution. He stated that the Punjab Public Service Commission as laid down by the Section-5 of the Punjab Judicial Services Rules can only conduct the examination and no other authority could conduct the exams. According to him the advertisement provided that the written exam would only be held with respect to two subjects that amounted to degrading the office of civil judge as earlier there was exam of seven subjects. He said it was highly deplorable to recruit incapable candidates by taking exams in two subjects only. He also said that according to the advertisement, the seats for women candidates were reserved, which was gross violation of Article 8, 18, 25 and 37 of the Constitution. He said the Supreme Court in Shireen Masoods case in 1990 had held that there should be no gender discrimination. He requested to issue directions to withdraw the advertisement and hold exams according to the rules. The judge issued notices to respondents for September 29. Hearing on Benazir murder case adjourned The Lahore High Court Monday adjourned the hearing of a petition seeking transfer of investigation of Benazir Bhuttos assassination case from the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) to Punjab police. The petition was filed by Chaudhry Muhammad Aslam, protocol officer of former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto, through his counsel Manzoor Ahmad Advocate. Petitioner contended that probe into the former primers assassination should be handed over to the Punjab police as the court had already issued notice to Federal Minister for Interior Rehman Malik, who was also head of the FIA, on another petition seeking registration of BBs murder case against Rehman and others. The Lahore High Court had already issued notices to the former dictator Pervez Musharraf, Interior Minister Rehman Malik, Minister for Law And Parliamentary Affairs Babar Awan, former Chief Minister Punjab Pervaiz Elahi and 12 other persons for September 28 on Aslams application seeking registration of FIR against them for their alleged involvement in Benazir Bhuttos murder. In this petition he said the murder of Benazir Bhutto was an international conspiracy wherein Pervez Musharraf and respondents were involved. He pointed out that Rehman Malik and Babar Awan changed BBs route while they both fled from the scene in a car, which they were not allowed to use as per protocol plan. He said only Farhat Ullah Babar was allowed to sit in this car. The other respondents included former director general Intelligence Bureau, Ejaz Shah, former chief minister Punjab Pervez Elahi, former care taker interior minister Hamid Nawaz, interior secretary Kamal Shah and former spokesman of Interior Ministry Javed Iqbal Cheema.