OUR STAFF REPORTER LAHORE - Pakistan hockey team came back strongly after suffering shocking defeat against Japan in their previous league match and won the crucial match against South Korea by 3-2 in the Asian Champions Trophy at Ordos, according to information received from the PHF on Wednesday. Pakistan back on top of the table with nine points and they played superb hockey in the first half and took control of the match. Waqas Sharif opened the account for Pakistan and Irfan doubled the lead by scoring second goal on penalty corner before half time. Pakistan finished the first half with 2-0. South Korea started offensive game in the second half and they succeeded as well by scoring two goals but Shafqat Rasool scored the decisive goal of the match to give Pakistan 3-2 victory over South Korea. Pakistan will now play against arch-rivals India in their last league match on Friday (tomorrow) and the draw will be enough for Pakistan to qualify for the final. In another match of the day, Japan beat China 3-2. China took the lead in the 27th minute Song Yi converted a field attempt. Japan fought back with an equalizer on the break when Kazuyuki Ozawa scored from the top of the circle. Japan added another two after the break in the 45th and 53rd minute. They took the lead through a penalty corner conversion by Shinji Kawauchi and a field attempt for the third goal by Tanaka Kenta. Agencies adds: team continued its unbeaten run by fighting back from a goal down to hold Malaysia 2-2 on Wednesday but is still not assured of a place in the final of the Asian Champions Trophy. The scorers for India were Ravi Pal (9th) and Danish Mujtaba (52nd). For Malaysia, the goals were struck by Tajuddin Jalil (24th) and M Amin Rahim (32nd). India needed a win to be assured of a place in the final. A win against Malaysia would have given the Indians 10 points. India scored their first goal in the ninth minute when Sunil shot into the circle and it went off the Malaysian goalkeeper Roslan Jamaluddin's pads. Ravi Pal picked up the high rebound and whacked it into goal. Malaysia earned three penalty corners and finally got the equaliser off the third when Tajuddin Jalil deflected in the flick past the Indian goalkeeper Sreejes in the 25th minute. India had a penalty corner but yet again couldn't trap the ball cleanly. India did come close a couple of times when the tries of Sunil and Walmiki were saved by Roslan in the Malaysian goal. In the 32nd minute, Malaysia took the lead off an awful Indian error. A free ball inside the Indian striking circle with no Malaysian in sight, Sreejes came out charging and kicked the ball against an Indian defender's leg as the umpire pointed for Malaysia's fourth penalty corner. M Amin scored off a direct flick. At the break, Malaysia led 2-1. The second half was a frantic battle for supremacy. Gone was the five-forward formula for both the teams as they battled it out for ball possession. Malaysia had the edge and they won four consecutive penalty corners after resumption but couldn't score of any. Off their eighth penalty corner, Sreejes brought off a brilliant save deflecting the ball away to the touch line. In the 43rd minute, India earned their third penalty corner against the run of play but Rupinder Pal Singh failed to flick the ball. Struggling against the man-to-man marking of the Malaysians, India finally managed to break their hold in the 53rd minute when Gurbaz moved down the right flank and cantered brilliantly as a diving Danish Mujtaba sent the ball into the goal for the equaliser. In the dying minutes, India earned their fourth penalty corner but Rupinder Pal Singh shot straight towards Roslan in the Malaysian goal. A few more sharp chances came India's way but the Malaysian defence did well to clear them. Malaysia almost scored in the 68th minute when Tajuddin found himself inside the striking circle with only Sreejes in front but fumbled as Raghunath cleared the ball away. Either team failed to score till the final whistle and match ended in 2-2 draw. Tomorrow's fixtures: First match: Pakistan vs India; second match: Korea vs China and third match: Malaysia vs Japan. In another match.