PHNOM PENH - Five Cambodian villagers have died and dozens more fallen ill after eating rotten dog meat, an official told AFP Tuesday, in a remote province where canines are regarded as a delicacy. The round of fatal food poisonings began on Sunday after a 76-year-old man called Chea Reth bought the dead dog from another villager. He died several hours later after cooking and eating it, according to Kong Kimny, governor of Snoul district in northeastern Kratie province where the incident took place.