PESHAWAR - Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Minister for Information, Mian Iftikhar Hussain, has said that permission of NATO supply via Pakistan was given nine years ago and is not of the present government’s decision. However, the difference is that the present government had made it conditional while the previously such supply route had been given unconditionally.Talking to media persons at the concluding ceremony of six-day workshop organized by SAFMA for journalists on Sunday, Iftikhar Hussain said that it was all due to courage and sagacity of the incumbent leadership ofPakistan that in light of the resolution of the parliament conditioned had been added to such supply route.With regard to protection and security arrangements for NATO supply, Mian Iftikhar said that the government had made the decision after taking all concerns including security agencies into confidence and therefore, the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government will discharge its all legal and constitutional duties in this regard within the ambit of law.About the effectiveness of SAARC and peace in the region, the minister said that the main responsibility in this regard lies upon media and media persons who must keep the population of the region informed of the benefits of peace and understanding. He regretted that negative things were mainly highlighted in the media otherwise it is the media, which can compel the leadership inside the country to think of peace in the region above their parties politics.He pointed out that the world has become a global village and now everybody knows and must realize that war is not a solution to any problem and every problem can be resolved through negotiation and peaceful means.