FAISALABAD - A bomb planted in a car parked outside a gas filling station exploded Tuesday in Faisalabad, killing at least 25 people and wounding 160 others. The bomb set off gas cylinders of cars causing a big explosion and reducing the CNG station to a pile of bricks. The filling station was 25 metres away from the building of Pakistan spy agency, Inter-Services Intelligence. Dozens of other nearby buildings, including the building of Pakistan International Airlines, were severely damaged. Many of those hurt remained trapped by debris as rescue officials worked hard to remove rubble from the scene to search for the survivors and ambulance vehicles ferried the injured away to Allied and Civil hospitals where emergency was imposed after the blast. Regional police chief Aftab Ahmad Cheema told mediapersons that it was a planted bomb blast. Its not a suicide blast. The explosive material was planted in a car, he said adding that the death toll might rise due to critical condition of some of the injured. Police arrested a suspect, Usman. He was also involved in Lahore FIA building bomb blast and Rescue 15 terrorist attacks. According to the source, citizens grabbed Usman who was still holding remote control in his hand and handed him over to the police. One suspect was inside the car and another was monitoring the situation, the source added. The arrested suspect belongs to Kabirwala, a tehsil of Multan. The law enforcement agencies have shifted him to some unknown place for investigation. City Commissioner Syed Tahir Hussain told mediapersons that rescue officials were trying to pull out people trapped under the rubble with the help of cranes and other machinery. He said the attack may have been aimed at government buildings close to the filing station which sells compressed natural gas for vehicles. The blast which is the first major terrorist strike inside the city created panic among the citizens. The sister-in-law of PPPs former provincial president Rana Aftab Ahmad Khan was also killed in the blast as she was passing through the road near the filling station on her car. Later, Punjab Chief Minister Mian Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif reached Faisalabad. He ordered police to arrest the culprits and directed them to make strict security arrangements at public places. He also condoled with the families whose near and dear ones lost their lives in the terror incident. He visited DHQ Hospital and met with the injured people and their relatives. He assured them of financial assistance. It bears mentioning that the district police received information three days back that a suspicious car had entered the jurisdiction of Faisalabad but they failed to trace it out. Agencies add: A Taliban spokesman, Ehsanullah Ehsan, claimed responsibility, telling Reuters by telephone from an undisclosed location the attack was in retaliation for the killing of one of their commanders in the city. He was referring to the killing of a senior Taliban member in a shootout with police in Faisalabad last year. The filling station was close to a regional office of the Inter-Services Intelligence Directorate, the countrys spy organization, but officials declined to confirm that the ISI office was the intended target. Sensitive offices are well guarded but it can be a message, police chief Cheema said.