RAWALPINDI : Residents of Dhaman Syedan strongly protested against non-providing water connections due to the corrupt elements of the concerned department. Water supply scheme has been completed but connections are not being provided, said Gulzar Ahmad, a teacher. In 70 per cent of the area water pipelines have been laid but the remaining 30 percent area still stands deprived of this facility, said Ahmad Din, a resident.

The corrupt elements of the concerned department are forcing us to give them bribery for water connections. These officials are knocking our doors to collect Rs 1000 for each connection as bribe, said Ghulam Shabbir, a shopkeeper.

The residents demanded Public Health Department and the respective MNA to end the corruption and supply water connections immediately otherwise they will be forced to hold protest demonstrations.