KARACHI - Sindh Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah has granted compensation of Rs 300,000 for each deceased of the October 18, 2007 tragedy, sources in the CM House revealed to The Nation here on Thursday. The family of each deceased will get Rs 300,000 as compensation while Rs 100,000 would be given to those who had sustained serious injuries. More than 197 Pakistan People's Party (PPP) workers lost their lives while 583 sustained serious injuries when a bomb exploded in the rally of slain former premier Shaheed Benazir Bhutto, who returned to Karachi on October 18 after ending her exile. PML-Q-led coalition government in the province had announced compensation for the blast victims, but it did not make any payment to the families of the victims. Sources said list of 197 PPP martyred workers had already been prepared by the party and still 20 martyred workers could not be identified. The unidentified deceased party workers were buried in the mausoleum of Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto at Garhi Khuda Bux. Before martyrdom the Benazir Bhutto also provided Rs 100,000 as compensation to the family members of the martyred PPP workers and Rs 50,000 to those who were injured. PPP Co-Chairman Asif Ali Zardari also announced to confer the party medals to shaheed party workers of October 18, 2007 tragedy. A ceremony would soon be held, in this regard, in which the said amount would be given to deceased's family members and the injured workers.