RAWALPINDI - The Anti Terrorism Court (ATC) No 1, Rawalpindi, on Tuesday accepted bail applications of two accused brothers for their alleged role in a suicide attack on Marriott Hotel on January 26, 2007. The ATC Judge, Malik Muhammad Akram Awan granted bail to the suspects Saifullah and Zahid Akram who are brothers belonging to Vehari district after the federal police failed to satisfy the court while opposing the bail plea of the brothers. The court also directed the accused to furnish two surety bonds each worth Rs 100,000. The capital police had claimed to arrest the suspects on August 17 for their alleged connection in the suicide blast outside the hotel on January 26, 2007 while they had informed before the court that they were arrested well before the suicide blast took place at the Islamabad hotel. In their submission, they had maintained that they were not nominated in the FIR and there was not incriminating evidence against them with no prosecution witness available against them. They said they were picked up by intelligence agencies from their house in Vehari on September 23, 2007 and were produced in the court on August 18 this year. They said they remained in the custody of the agencies before 2007 and were released after the Supreme Court took a suo moto notice of their being missing for three years. They claimed they were running a madrassah in Vehari and had no other offence. Police on the other hand had claimed that Saifullah was a close aide of the former chief of Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan Baitullah Mehsud and was injured in a drone attack in FATA. Police said he was arrested from the house of his brother Zahid from Islamabad where he was being given medical care. Separately a man accused of being involved in a suicide attack on the bus of a secret agency in the area of R A Bazaar police in 2007 filed a bail petition claiming he was not guilty and was falsely implicated in the case. Umer Adeel, a resident of Islamabad, was being tried for his role in the suicide attack on September 4, 2007 near Qasim Market claimed he and his brother Muhammad Aqeel were actually arrested from their house by the agencies on November 11, 2007 and he was produced in the court in July 2008 for his role in the case. He said that he was serving a private company as customer services representative when he was arrested and he had no connection with any banned terrorist organisation and the only proof against him was that he was identified during the identification parade in the jail. He sought bail as trial against him had not been completed despite the lapse of 14 months.