LAHORE: Computers, electronics and cellular phones equipment worth millions of rupees were reduced to ashes, shortly after huge fire erupted in the Citys leading commercial plaza, Hafeez Center on Thursday. Rescue workers said the fire broke out inside a computer-shop due to short-circuiting at the first floor of Hafeez Center situated at Main Boulevard Gulberg and engulfed the several surrounding shops within no time. A good number of firefighters, more than a dozen vehicles of firebrigades, and Edhi ambulances rushed to the scene soon after the incident and launched the operation. The entire first-floor was evacuated to avoid any human loss as the rescue workers sneaked into floor by using special equipments and tried to put out the fire. Two rescue workers also sustained minor injuries during the operation. However, no death or hurt was reported in the incident. The rescue workers managed to put out the fire after two hours long hectic efforts and cleared the area. The police also reached the spot to control the situation and blocked the entry of passersby and traders towards the site. Traders said that computers, cellular phones and electronics goods worth millions of rupees were reduced to ashes. They said that they exact damaged could be estimated after complete evaluation. They also said that apparently it seemed that the fire broke out due to short-circuiting in the shop. Further investigations were underway. Staff Reporter