LAHORE – As part of protest campaign, the Punjab Paramedics Alliance (PPA) held a rally from Lahore General Hospital OPD to Emergency on Saturday to press for the demands of revised service structure and regularization of ad hoc employees.

PPA Provincial Chairman Malik Munir, Patron-in-Chief Sultan Mahmood Bhatti and other office bearers led the rally, largely participated by paramedical staff from various hospitals. Carrying placards and banners inscribed with demands, the participants chanted slogans against the government. PPA leaders said the health department officials were not showing interest to resolve the issue. They appealed the Punjab chief Minister to intervene and accept legitimate demands of paramedics. PPA will hold a rally from Mental Hospital to Punjab Institute of Cardiology on Monday (tomorrow).

Body set up to monitor labs: Post Graduate Medical Institute Principal, Anjum Habib Vohra on Saturday constituted a committee to check the receipt that private laboratory employee carried for MRI at the General Hospital.

The case was registered against him and the principal has constituted a four member committee to check the receipts.

Committee headed by Prof Saulat Ullah Khan will examine all matter to trace fake receipts. The other members include Dr Sikandar Hayat Gondal, Dr Muhammad Saeed and Mumtaz Ahmed.  Sajjad Ahmed, a Daska resident, came to the LGH for MRI test. On suspicion, the staff checked record and found the receipt was fake. Attendant Sajjad Ahmed said that employee of a private lab Waris Masih issued the bogus receipt of LGH after receiving Rs 2500. The hospital management got the case registered with the Kot Lakhpat Police Station against Waris Masih

Neglect: The Services Hospital administration on Saturday constituted a committee to probe death of a patient due to doctors’ negligence and lack of necessary facilities at Surgical ICU. The committee will submit its report within three days.  Saba, 30, a Data Darbar resident, was brought to the Services Hospital on Friday evening for delivery. She gave birth to a baby after four hours surgery at Gynae Theater. She breathed her last on Saturday morning due to excessive bleeding. As per the hospital staff, there was no ventilator at Surgical ICU while Anesthesia equipment was also out of order. On hearing the death news of ill fated lady, the infuriated relatives damaged the equipment. The Police arrested the relatives and registered a case for damaging hospital equipment.