KARACHI - The government had established the Anti Violence and Crime Cell (AVCC) and Citizen Police Liaison Committee (CPLC) for the recovery of kidnappees, but both the wings are actually facilitating the elite, said a police department official on condition of anonymity. The said claim gets strength because the special units of law enforcement agencies are not handling the issue of kidnappings and missing people seriously. Those kidnappees are especially neglected who have not been asked for ransom. The photographs of the missing people could easily be seen pasted on the walls of the Edhi Morgue. Several people visit hospitals, morgue and police stations frequently to locate their missing relatives. However, many unidentified dead bodies have been recovered from different areas of the city, which were buried by the Edhi foundation. According to Faisal Edhi, over 65,000 unidentified persons have been buried by the Edhi Foundation during last 16 years, and now the foundation is looking for another graveyard. Edhi foundation usually bury the unclaimed bodies after three days of the recovery, while it secure the remains of the dead bodies like photographs, shoes, cloths and few other things. An unidentified body of a young girl was recovered in Manghupir police precincts. Police told that she was killed after being sodomised. Police said the body was three to four days old, therefore, it is not identifiable. Asma Iqbal, 15, resident of Khairabad Goth, Orangi Town went to appear in her matriculation examination but did not return. On April 28, Muhammad Iqbal, victim's father, registered an FIR against Ramzan, who was the resident of the same area, for kidnapping Asma. According to Asma's father, the family of accused sent a proposal to her daughter but they refused that, consequently they kidnapped her. Now almost two weeks have gone but police are still unable to find her. Police said Asma broke her mobile SIM card while leaving home in hope not to be contacted. Another kidnapping case of a lady doctor, Dr Tayyaba Kazmi, was registered on April 28 at Gulshan-e-Iqbal police station, while she was abducted on April 5. Dr Tayyaba's father, Kazmi, told the police that on April 5, she went to the KDA market for shopping but did not return. She was the resident of Block 7, Gulshan-e-Iqbal and was unmarried. She had recently become a doctor. According to the police this is not a matter of kidnapping and she left her home due to some domestic issues. These issues put certain question marks on the efficiency of police and liaison committees, as the people feel insecurity and marginalised despite having such sort of security agencies.