KARACHI-Former Chief Minister Balochistan and Chief of Balochistan National Party (BNP) Sardar Akhtar Jan Mengal was released on Friday, following the withdrawal of cases against him, registered in both provinces of Sindh and Balochistan. He was released after 13 months. 'Struggle for the autonomy and the rights of Baloch people will continue and we will also support the ongoing movement for the restoration of judiciary', he said after the release. The former CM was released after receiving the directives of his release by the judge of Anti-Terrorist Court (ATC) No 3 Ahmed Nawaz Shaikh on Friday as the Sindh Govt has also withdrawn a case registered by the previous provincial govt. Similarly 14 cases against him were withdrawn by Balochistan govt during the previous govt. He has been under trial in the courts of Sindh province against the kidnapping and torturing of two personnel of intelligence agency two years ago. Earlier, he was arrested on September 6, 2006 from Quetta, but later he had been released. The personnel of law enforcement agencies again took him under their custody on April 4, 2007 from Sakrand, Balochistan.He was later shifted to the Karachi prison. He was under treatment at a private hospital for two months. Mengal's release came after the announcement of reconciliation made by Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani during his visit to Quetta, following the announcement that the Balochistan govt has withdrawn all the 14 cases a couple of days ago, while the single case lodged against him in Sindh was also withdrawn recently.The cases registered against him were based on treachery, anti-State acts and other matters. After issuing of the release order, the Provincial Home Minister Zulfiqar Mirza reached the hospital on Friday where Mengal was under treatment. The BNP leaders including Habib Jalib and others and workers reached the hospital to receive their leader. PPP leaders comprising newly elected Provincial Minister Advocate Rafiq Engineer, Rashid Rabbani Adviser to CM Sindh, Faisal Raza Abidi, President of PPP Karachi Division Arshad Naqvi and others reached the private hospital and presented good wishes message of PPP Co-Chairman Asif Ali Zardari to him. While talking to the media representatives after his release, Mengal said that his struggle for the rights of Baloch people will continue and he will also support the lawyers movement. He also thanked the political workers, civil society and the people who had raised their voice for his release.He said that his release was not a result of deal with the govt, there is no word of deal in the dictionary of Baloch people, and his release was based on merit. He said that despite forming a democratic govt, dictatorship still exists in the country till the genuine democratic govt could be formed. He expressed his grave concern over the conspiracies that are being hatched in the President House against the newly elected govt. 'We will participate in the All Parties Conference (APC) called by PPP, if the current govt halts the ongoing drive in Balochistan and recovers the missing persons', Mengal said in Press conference held at his residence. He linked the chaos and ongoing turmoil in the province with the wrong policies of the establishment of the country. He apprehended that some elements are deliberately creating the same situation in the Balochistan as it was witnessed before the emergence of Bangladesh. He said that economic problems, food inflation and deteriorating law and order situation across the country came out from the policies of President Musharraf. He lauded the efforts of the Benazir Bhutto for the restoration of genuine democracy in country.