BEIRUT (AFP) - Hezbollah fighters, their guns blazing, seized control of west Beirut on Friday after three days of street battles with pro-government foes pushed Lebanon dangerously close to all-out civil war. Convoys of Hezbollah gunmen firing celebratory shots into the air and flashing the victory sign took to the streets.  Motorcycles, jeeps and cars crammed with group's members hanging out of the windows roamed otherwise deserted streets of the Lebanese capital, firing machineguns. The sectarian fighting had eased by early afternoon and the army and police moved across areas now in the hands of Iranian-backed Shia Opposition forces who routed supporters of the Western-backed government. "There are no clashes anymore because no one is standing in the way of the Opposition forces," a security official said as convoys of gunmen firing celebratory shots into the air and flashing the victory sign took to the streets."All those who believe in democracy and pluralism are under siege in Beirut," said Social Affairs Minister Nayla Moawad. Terrified residents cowered inside early Friday as the rattle of gunfire and the thump of exploding rocket-propelled grenades rang out across mainly Muslim west Beirut. At least 15 people have been killed and dozens wounded in three days of fighting that dramatically escalated on Thursday after Hezbollah chief Hassan Nasrallah said a government crackdown on his powerful group was a declaration of war. Five more people were killed and two others were wounded on Friday in the town of Khaldeh south of Beirut during the clashes, a security official told AFP. In Beirut, most shops and businesses remained shuttered while tanks rolled through the streets and hundreds of riot police and troops patrolled the city but with orders not to intervene in the conflict. But hundreds of people were able to flood to border crossings with Syria to escape the violence and foreign governments began putting in place plans to pull out their nationals. An airport official said all flights had been cancelled on Friday with the main road from Beirut barricaded by Hezbollah fighters. "As soon as they open the road, the flights will resume." Israeli President Shimon Peres claimed the violence was fomented by arch-foe Iran to further what he said was Tehran's goal to control all of the Middle East.Iran in turn blamed the United States and Israel. "Adventurous efforts and interventions by the US and the Zionist regime are the main cause of the continuous chaotic situation in Lebanon," Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammad Ali Hosseini said. Syrian President Bashar al-Assad - whose country is Iran's closest regional ally - said the unrest was a purely "internal affair" but called for dialogue. A statement by Palestinian President Mahmud Abbas said he was "profoundly worried" at the fighting and that the rival factions should start a dialogue to overcome their differences. Sami Abu Zuhri, spokesman for the Islamist movement Hamas also called for talks to "cut short American efforts to sow discontent in Lebanon." Meanwhile, some countries are pulling their citizens out of Lebanon. Kuwait has already evacuated around 150 people on buses bound for Syria, the official KUNA news agency said. Around 70 Saudis have also been evacuated from Beirut, the Saudi daily Asharq Al-Awsat quoted Saudi Ambassador Abdul Aziz al-Khoja as saying, adding that more evacuations were planned.