PESHAWAR - Following first-ever successful direct talks between the NWFP Government and the alleged militants headed by Maulana Fazal Ullah on Friday, ceasefire was declared in Swat Valley with immediate effect. "They agreed not to target the government installations and security forces and in return the Government would not go for operations and actions against them," remarked the NWFP Forest and Environment Minister Wajid Ali Khan Advocate on the conclusion of the daylong talks. The first-ever direct round of talks was held in Fishing Hutt Chakdara, which connects Districts of Swat, Malakand and Dir with each other. The NWFP Government team headed by Senior Minister and Awami National Party Parliamentary leader Bashir Ahmad Bilour comprised NWFP Forest and Environment Minister Wajid Ali Khan Advocate, ANP Central Information Secretary and former Senator Mohammad Zahid Khan, MPA From Swat Dr Shamsher Ali Khan, NWFP Home and Tribal Affairs Secretary Teepu Mohabat Khan, Deputy Inspector General Police Mr Tanveer-ul-Haq Sipra and District Coordination Officers from Swat, Dir and Malakand. Though Maulana Fazal Ullah, the leader of his militants group operating in Swat was not present yet he was represented by a number of his close and confidant aides. Amongst them his deputy Muslim Khan, Maulana Bakht Ali, Maulana Abdul Ghafoor, Mohammad Ali, Shamsher Khan and Salim Khan were prominent. The chief of banned Tehrik Nifaz Shariah Mohammadi (TNSM) Maulana Soofi Mohammad and his associates have played a remarkable role in building up a bridge between the Government and the alleged militants calling them "Taliban." Maulana Soofi Mohammad was released by the NWFP Government on April 21, 2008. So far the militants calling them as Mujahideen from Bajaur have welcomed the agreement whereas talks and contacts have also been resumed between the Government and the alleged militants headed by Bait Ullah Mehsud. The NWFP Forest Minister Mr Wajid Ali Khan while giving details of the first-ever direct talks, said, "These was held in a very cordial and friendly atmosphere." In the meeting the two sides agreed on ceasefire with immediate effect, he remarked adding, "Now after upholding ceasefire, we agreed to continue the talks till finding out a durable and permanent solution to the matter." He added that now the two sides would go ahead towards their joint and common objective, which according to him was the return of peace and stability in the region. It may be mentioned here that soon after completion of general elections on February 18, 2008  leaders of ANP and Pakistan Peoples Party, particularly Chief Minister Amir Haider Khan Hoti at each and every forum emphasized the need of  a negotiated solution to the matter leading to the end of violence and bloodshed in the region. Meanwhile, Maulvi Omar spokesman of Bait Ullah Mehsud chief of Tehrik Taliban Pakistan has welcomed the ceasefire in Swat after successful talks between the Government and Maulana Fazal Ullah. He, however, said that such announcement must be implemented and the two sides need to find out a permanent solution to the conflict. In Mingora, one constable of the security forces was killed and four others injured when some unknown militants attacked a convoy at village Dagai Zora near Kabal town of Swat District on the night between Thursday and Friday. The officials and eyewitnesses informed that the alleged militants  first attacked the security forces convoy with an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) and later on opened fire against it with modern and sophisticated weapons. The convoy was attacked when it was on a search operation in the area. Around 37 persons including a woman and children were arrested and houses of three militant commanders were demolished. As per details, the personnel of security forces from Frontier Corps and Police Force were on way to a village in Kabal area in connection with search operation. In the meantime, the security forces convoy was attacked with an Improvised Explosive Device (IED), killing a policeman Fazal Malik and injuring  four others. The injured included a Platoon Commander of Frontier Corps and three policemen including Sub Inspector Mahir Khan and constables Abdul Bari and Mohammad Ali. Later the alleged militants  attacked the security forces with modern weapons. The encounter between the two sides continued for a couple of minutes. The security forces during search operation arrested 37 suspected persons. The arrested persons included wife and children of an alleged militant commander namely Ibrahim. Later the security forces demolished houses of three commanders including Ibrahim, Nasib Rawan and Sultan. Meanwhile, the alleged militants have set on fire another primary school in village Dheri near  Mingora, Swat. All the furniture, records and other materials turned to ashes. It may be mentioned here that during  the last four days the alleged militants have set on fire four girls schools in scattered areas of Matta Sub Division. Two of these schools were Girls Higher Secondary Schools and two were primary at Sher Palam and Dheri. Around 200 students  from 10th class of Girls Higher Secondary School Charbagh were busy in annual examination when their school was set on fire. These students were shifted to Girls Higher Secondary School in Manglawar. The local people have informed that the number of students in Charbagh was more than 1200, at Matta Girls High School the strength of the students was around one thousand whereas from 150 to 200 students were enrolled in both the Primary Schools at Sher Palam and Dheri Villages. A large number of families have already migrated from Swat to Peshawar and other parts of the country whereas poor and helpless families are stranded in the area. Due to continuous tension and violence in the area, a large number of parents didn't allow their children to attend their schools. Monitoring Desk adds: Militants said they are holding six soldiers in a tribal region in north-western Pakistan, reports BBC. A spokesman for the militants said 24 other soldiers had been freed in Bajaur agency. The military says just one soldier was captured.