LAHORE Civil Lines police foiled suicide attempt of a Faisalabad resident elderly woman and her three children when she sprinkled patrol in front of the Chief Minister Secretariat on Friday. Reportedly, a woman Nasrin Bibi, 55, a resident of Gulberg, Faisalabad suddenly appeared on The Mall in front of the Chief Minister Secretariat along with her three children. The disappointed woman started weeping in presence of scores of people and raised slogans against the high-handedness of the Faisalabad police officials. Nasrin who was carrying a bottle of patrol in her hand, first sprinkled it on her body and then her children in a protest against highhandedness of the police. The police deployed outside the Secretariat immediately intervened and foiled her bid of committing suicide when she tried to burn herself and children. A team of Civil Lines police rushed to the spot, bundled the woman and her children in the van and took the police station. Police later called the Faisalabad police officers and handed her and her children to the officials who took them back to Faisalabad. Man found dead A 52-year-old man was recovered dead from his house in the jurisdiction of North Cantt police on Friday. The investigation officer, ASI Abdul Rauf said that the victim Syed Nasir Hussain Shah died after he consumed excessive liquor at his 6-E Nayab sector residence. He said that the deceased's employee Rafaqat Ali felt suspicion when his house owner did not come out from his room till 9 am. He, immediately, informed some neighbours who also reached the house and found no response when they knocked the door. Ultimately, the neighbours broke open the lock of the door and found Syed Nasir Hussain lying dead, Rauf said. When informed, the local police also rushed to the spot and confirmed the death of the house owner. To a query, the investigator said that the police also recovered two empty bottles of liquor from the side table of the bed, which revealed that the house owner Nasir died after he consumed excessive liquor. He revealed that deceased was father of three children who had left for Iran along with their mother some days back and was living alone at his residence. The family had been informed about the incident, he said adding that body was removed to the City morgue for autopsy. Further investigations would be carried out on the arrival of victim's family, the investigator said.