MARDAN - Local police have claimed to have killed three alleged kidnapers in an encounter and safely recovered the abducted person.

District Police Officer (DPO) Mardan Gul Afzal Khan while briefing the media said that unidentified armed men kidnapped Mohammad Hussain, resident of Charssada road when he was going to his fields located near Sheikh Shahzad Town Charssada road last Sunday. The DPO said that alleged kidnapers demanded Rs20 million as ransom from the family of the abducted person. He said that that police arrested neighbour of the abducted person identified as Ayuab Khan and interrogated him. He said that during the interrogation Ayuab disclosed named of Javeed.  He said that police also arrested the mentioned accused and started investigation from him. He said that the arrested accused pointed out the house located at Ashrafabad in the limits of City Police Station.  He said that on Wednesday police raided the mentioned house and the kidnapers started firing on the police party. He said that police also started firing on

Them and as a result three alleged kidnapers were killed during the exchange of firing. “The identity of one of the alleged kidnapers was ascertained through his identity card and his name is Mohammad Akhtar son of Gulistan, resident of Liyari Karachi (Sindh) find from his pocket while the identity of other two persons could not be ascertained yet,” DPO added.

He said that Shoukat Ali son of Mohammad Umar, resident of Daryaabad Ada Market Karachi (Sindh) had taken the house from Ijaz Khan on rent while deceased Mohammad Akhtar was also shifted from Karachi and living with him.

He said that police recovered two pistols and one Kalashnikov riffle from the alleged kidnapers and recovered the abducted person safely. He said that police would also arrest the owner of the house who gave his house on rent to the mentioned person without any investigation.

 The DPO said that kidnapers abducted the mention person in a motorcar No (2331-Lahore).

Meanwhile, when the media persons visited the hospital to get pictures and videos of the bodies of the alleged kidnapers it was observed that the alleged kidnapers were killed two days ago and their fingers of their hands were also chopped. However, the DPO refused to comment on this during his press briefing when the media person questioned him in this connection.