LAHORE - A man was killed and two bodies were found yesterday from the provinical capital where the ruling PML-N and the opposition PTI are using all their energies to secure NA-122 slot.

The same evening the two parties held big shows of power, with pledges to protect public rights - the right to life obviously being prime of them.

A mother of two was found hanging from the ceiling fan at her in-laws in Islampura.

Investigators said Kiran Bibi, 30, committed suicide two months after her second marriage to Aslam, a resident of Islampura’s Akram Park. She had two children from her former husband. Her body was hanging from the ceiling inside the bedroom as the police reached the spot. The body was moved to morgue for autopsy.

Aslam told the police his wife committed suicide over a domestic dispute.

Neigbours said the relations between the couple were tense. A policeman said investigation was underway.

Separately, the body of elderly man was found from the Lytton Road police precincts.

According to police, the dead was a junkie and could not be identified till filing of this report. Some passersby spotted the body onto footpath near Rickshaw Market and contacted the police. The body was moved to morgue. Further investigation was underway.

A seventy-year-old man died at a hospital yesterday, a few days after he was shot at and wounded by bandits in Shadbagh.

Siddique riding on a motorcycle was on his way home when two gunmen intercepted him in Bhaghatpura a couple of days ago. The bandits held him up at gunpoint and demanded cash and mobile phone, police sources said.

As the old man made hue cry, one of the bandits opened straight fire on him. The old man fell on the road while the robbers fled on their motorcycle. He was rushed to the Mayo hospital with bullet wounds where he died yesterday. The body was moved to the morgue for autopsy.

Police have registered a case against unidentified gunmen and are investigating with no arrest made yet.

The Election Commission of Pakistan last month announced re-election in NA-122 after a tribunal annulled the victory of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz leader ML-N’s Ayaz Sadiq over irregularities.

The Pakistan Terhik-i-Insaf (Movement for Justice) moved the tribunal and won the case after two years. The two parties have been pledging to bring in betterment for the public during their electioneering. However, the leaders of both parties took swipe at each other during last night address to their supports, showing that there were oblivious of the incidents in the constituency.