LAHORE - Pakistan interim cricket chief selector Wasim Bari has said that fast bowlers Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Asif will be considered for the preliminary squad for September-October ICC Champions Trophy in South Africa. "Asif's ban will expire on September 22, two days before the Trophy starts, so he will be considered for the squad, and Akhtar will also be considered once he proves his fitness," Bari told reporters. Akhtar last represented Pakistan in the five-match ODI series against Australia two months ago. He has just recovered from a knee injury that kept him out of Pakistan's scheduled tour of Bangladesh in March, subsequently postponed due to security concerns. Akhtar, 33, has not been a regular member of the Pakistan side of late due to disciplinary issues and injury. He was involved in a tussle with the PCB after criticising the board publicly for not awarding him a central contract. Subsequently, upon his return to international cricket, he was dropped after a poor ODI series against Sri Lanka and again under-performed against Australia, taking three wickets with an average of over 50. Asif, like Akhtar, has also been plagued by on and off-field problems. He is currently serving a one-year ban imposed after he failed a dope test during the inaugural edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) last year.