At least nine persons including three women and a minor were killed and five others injured in separate incidents of enmity and road accidents over the past 24 hours.

According to detail, a couple was brutally murdered by the girl's brother for contracting free-will marriage a couple of year ago here at Jannat Town in the Garjakh Police precincts the other day.

According to the police, a teenage girl namely Mehnaz contracted free-will marriage with her lover Hafeez of Aligee Town two years ago and disappeared. However, the girl called her mother a week ago and requested for amnesty. On assurance of her mother, the couple returned home where the girl brother Sarfraz became furious and attacked the couple with an iron rod. He beat them to death and escaped from the scene. The police shifted the bodies to hospital for autopsy and started search of the killer.

In another incident, 25-year-old Sobia committed suicide just six months after his marriage here in nearby village Kelaske. It has been learnt that Sobia was married to Shaukat in January last. However, her mother-in-law teased her for not conceiving a child despite a lapse of six months of her marriage. After continuous verbal torture, finally Sobia took poisonous pills and was rushed to DHQ Hospital but she could not survive. The police have started investigation.

In KANGANPUR, a six-year-old boy drowned in a canal here on the other day.

Six-year-old Mohammad Tufail, son of Shabbir Ahmmad Kamboh, a shopkeeper and resident of Hashimpura jumped into the canal flowing in front of his house. Resultantly, he drowned in the deep water. His dead body was found after two hours by the locals. The bereaved father told the media that when the canal was dry some people dug out soil from it which resulted in deep ditches in the canal.

In HAFIZABAD, two brothers were brutally murdered here in Mirza Bhattian village by 23 accused over old enmity. After committing the double murder the accused also kidnapped their 21-year-old sister.

The Pindi Bhattian Saddr Police have registered a case against Falak Sher, Tariq, Muhammad Rafique and 20 others accused under Section 302/365-B/147/149 PPC but so far failed to arrest any of the accused.

According to FIR, Muhammad Mansha real uncle of accused Falak Sher, Tariq and Muhammad Rafique was murdered by Zulifqar and Shahmad about three years back. Later, conciliation between the parties was arrived at on the condition that deceased Zulifqar and Shahmad would marry their sister with one of the present accused. After the passage of time Zulifqar and Shahmad refused to honour their commitment, which was resented by the accused. Early this morning 23 accused raided the residence of Zulifqar and Shahmad and started indiscriminate firing, resultantly they were killed on-the-spot. After killing them, the accused later attacked the dead bodies with hatchets and fired on their mouths, to vent their anger. After committing the heinous crime the accused forcibly kidnapped away deceased's 21-year-old sister Guddi.

Meanwhile in an accident a person was killed while two girls were seriously injured when a speeding wagon collided with their bike on link road near Kot Hara today.

According to police source, Fayyaz Ahmad of Vanike Tarar along with his two sisters Saima and Ghazala was on way to Alipur Chattha on his bike and when he reached near Kot Hara, a recklessly driven wagon hit the bike resultantly all the three were seriously injured and removed to the DHQ Hospital by the Rescue-1122 immediately but the doctor at emergency ward referred Fayyaz Ahmad to Lahore hospital where he succumbed to his injuries. On this, Sub Inspector Vanike Tarar Ghulam Rasool and the concerned doctor exchanged harsh words over referring the deceased to Lahore Hospital, which caused the death of Fayyaz Ahmad. However, the doctors protested against, but they alleged, insulting behaviour of the Sub Inspector Ghulam Sarwar and announced their decision to resort to strike Tuesday. Meanwhile, MS DHQ Hospital Dr. Irshad Ahmad Chattha has submitted written complaint against the "insulting" behaviour of the Sub Inspector and demanded appropriate action against him.

Similarly in HAVELI LAKHA, two people were killed in separates incidents. Reportedly Khadim Hussain of suburban village Natho Ky Abdal was kidnapped the other night by unidentified accused and his dead body was found from canal. The police have registered a case.

In another incident Shazia, a student of Intermediate died when a bike she was going on overturned. She was on the way to Depalpur for taking a paper of her annual exam with her brother.