LAHORE  -    A domestic child worker was found dead under mysterious circumstances at a house in Model Town, police said on Thursday evening. Her body was moved to the morgue for autopsy.

Police said Mahwish was working as housemaid at a house in the posh locality. The police last night notified the parents of the victim about her death. Further investigation was under way.

Man shot dead by son-in-law

A 60-year-old man was shot dead by his son-in-law over some domestic dispute in the Gulshan-e-Ravi police precincts on Thursday. The killer fled instantly while the body was moved to the morgue for autopsy.

Police identified the victim as Hanif Tahir. The family told the police that Muhammad Salman opened fire on his father-in-law Hanif after a brief altercation over some monetary dispute. The victim sustained multiple injuries and died on the spot. The police were investigating the killing.

Man found hanged

A 35-year-old man was found hanged at a house in Shera Kot police precincts on Thursday.

Police identified the deceased as Muhammad Boota, a resident of Yousaf Nagar. The family told the police that Boota, who was suffering from mental illness, ended his life by hanging himself with the ceiling fan. The police were investigating the death.

Man, son held for murder

City police on Thursday claimed to have arrested a man and his son in connection with cold blooded murder of a young woman who was found dead in Township two weeks ago.

Police investigators said the 28-year-old woman was murdered by her relatives in the name of so-called honour. The police arrested her father Muhammad Asghar and her brother Muhammad Ramzan in connection the killing.

The victim identified as Sughran Bibi was the resident of Noul Village, Khudian Khaas. Earlier, police recovered her body from a drain.

According to SP Omar Farooq, both the suspects told the police that they strangled Sughran Bibi for developing an affair with a man. The killers strangled the woman with a piece of rope and fled after throwing her body into the drain.

Some passersby spotted the body near Rahmat Hospital and alerted the police by phone on April 27. According to police, there severe torture marks on the body. The alleged killers tied her feet with a rope before throwing the body into the drain.

The police registered murder case against unidentified killers and launched the investigation to solve the blind murder mystery.