KARACHI - Pakistan's hydrocarbon production has shown a meagre increase of 1.2 per cent on Year-on-Year basis in first month of FY09. Oil production of the country fell by a significant 9.3 per cent YoY in July-08 due to annual turn around and maintenance jobs at some key oil fields such as Adhi, Makori and Zamzama. However, gas production of the country increased by 2.5 per cent YoY, whereas LPG production fell by 13.7 per cent YoY. While company-wise overall productions of Oil and Gas Development Company (OGDCL) and Pakistan Oil Field (POL) during first month of FY09 fell by 6.6 per cent and 21 per cent respectively. OGDC's oil and gas production fell by 9 per cent and 5 per cent YoY respectively, whereas LPG production fell by a sizable 46 per cent YoY during 1MFY09. The fall in oil production was mainly on the back of production falls in the Bobi, Chanda, Pasakhi and Sono fields. However, this decrease was somewhat offset by a jump in production from the Kunar, Tando Alam and Mela fields. Gas production of the company was affected by falls of 4 per cent and 8 per cent in the operated and non-operated field respectively. POL's overall production fell by 21 per cent YoY in 1MFY09 as the company's oil and gas production fell by 29 per cent and 15 per cent YoY respectively. The company's LPG production was also down by 20 per cent YoY. The fall in oil production was mainly due to 63 per cent YoY fall in Pindori field's production. The other three major fields of the company, Meyal, Balaksar, and Pariwali also suffered production falls of 11 per cent, 38 per cent and 21 per cent YoY respectively. Gas production was down due to production falls of 8 per cent, 26 per cent, 20 per cent and 15 per cent YoY in the Pariwali, Ratana, Adhi and Manzalai fields respectively. Pakistan Petroleum Limited (PPL) overall production rose by a modest 1.3 per cent YoY in 1MFY09, following an increase of 1.4 per cent YoY in gas production. The increase in gas production was mainly on account of production hikes in the Qadirpur and Kandhkot fields. Oil production of the company fell by a meager 0.2 per cent YoY, largely due to annual turn around at the Adhi field.  The fall in production from the Adhi and Manzalai fields off-set the production increases from the Mela and Makori fields.