RAWALPINDI-Police on Saturday succeeded in hunting down the accused Sajjad Hussain Shah who had cut off his 22-year old daughters nose, slashed her hands and legs and inflicted a similar fate on his son-in-law Sagheer as the couple had committed love-marriage. He had escaped after the brutal act three days ago. However, the police party rounded up the accused Sajjad Shah alias Mohsin Shah from the Highway bus stop while he was trying to escape to Norowal along with his wife and other family members. Chief Minister Punjab Mian Shahbaz Sharif took serious notice of the incident and directed the police officials to take all possible measures to nab the accused involved in this crime of the heinous nature. On his directions, police officials constituted a special team led by Sub Inspector (SI) Rana Muhammad Yaqoob and ASI Mazhar Hussain under the supervision of SHO Police Station (PS) Sadiqabad Muhammad Yousif. The police team collected the mobile phone data of the accused and succeeded in tracking him down and arrested him while he was fleeing the city to his hometown Sialkot. According to the details, the victim couple contracted marriage some seven months ago and it was Sagheers third marriage, which extremely infuriated the father of Humaira. Sagheer had already two wives with two children. After the incident, Sheikh Mehboob father of the victim Sagheer lodged a First Information Report (FIR) with the PS Sadiqabad stating that his sons father-in-law who was an ex-soldier attacked Sagheer and his wife Humaira and injured them critically. During the interrogation, the accused revealed that he was native of Norowal but had been living in Rawalpindi by hiring a house for many years. He also told that he married his wife Sabira after kidnapping her and for this reason he left his village for good. The accused further told that Sagheer was living in his neighbourhood and had developed illicit relationship with his daughter Humaira. Later, he contracted with marriage with her after kidnapping, the accused added. Sajjad Shah further disclosed that he demanded of Sagheer to divorce his first wife but the latter refused to do so. His refusal enraged the accused and he brutally tortured the couple after intoxicating them. On the other hand, both Saghir and his wife were stated to be in stable condition as they had been shifted to normal ward from Intensive Care Unit (ICU). Victim Saghir told The Nation Humaira his wife and he were not on good terms with Humairas marriage. Later, they persuaded the couple to return to them and pretended as if they had no grudge against them. Our family elders made reconciliation possible, Sagheer said. Even at that time I was skeptical about her fathers behaviour, Saghair added. Saghir told that one of his relative told him that his father-in-law had asked one of his family members to kill the couple and he would pay whatever he could however, they did not pay attention to this threat. I think its difficult for one person to tie two persons and then chop hands and legs, said Sagheer adding that his father-in-laws nephews were also involved in the gory episode.