LAHORE An Additional District and Sessions Judge Mujahid Mustaqeem Ahmed adjourned on Thursday hearing of NICL scam case till August 13 against PML-Q leader Moonis Elahi. Rai Bashier and Amjad Pervaiz, the counsels of Moonis Elahi, while appearing before the court told the Judge about the so far progress of the NICL scam. They informed the court that most of the prosecution witnesses had rescinded their statements, saying that the FIA had prepared their statements without consulting them. The witnesses have also stated before the court that they have not given any statements against Moonis, Mooniss counsels added. The counsel also informed the court that the amount claimed by the FIA had been returned to the authority concerned by Mohsin Habib Warriach. He said that investigation officer Bashart had also stated that Moonis was not involved in NICL, and therefore acquittal application of his client may be accepted. On which, the Judge adjourned the hearing of case by August 13. Record sought in encounter case: An additional district and sessions judge on Thursday directed the police concerned to provide attested copies of the case record to accused police officials inclusive a DSP allegedly involved in fake encounter case in which one Shahbaz was killed at Rohi Nala site. On Thursday, the jail officials produced accused DSP Riasat Bajwa, sub-inspector Muhammad Riaz and constables Muhammad Asif and Abdul Qadir before the court of Additional District & Sessions Judge Muhammad Sheraz Kiani. Warrants for accused in Lankan team attack: An Anti-terrorism Court on Thursday issued arrest warrants for Qari Ghulam Muhammad, an accused involved in attack on the Sri Lankan cricket team at Liberty Chowk in 2009. The court directed authorities concerned to make sure the arrest of said accused and produce him on the next hearing on August 17. Police accused Qari Ghulam Muhmmad of harboring the terror suspects who had attacked on Sri Lankan cricket team. He was arrested by the police but had secured his bail, and on Thursday the said accused did not appear and joined proceedings held at jail after which the court issued the arrest warrants for the accused. 2-year jail term awarded: An Anti-narcotics Court on Thursday awarded two-year jail term to a drug peddler namely Muhammad Boota and imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on him also. According to case details, Anti Narcotics Force had arrested Boota and had recovered two kilograms of hashish from him. Meanwhile, An additional district and sessions judge Chaudhary Nazeer Ahmed awarded one-year imprisonment to a drug pusher Zahid on finding him guilty of possessing one kilogram of hashish. The court also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on the convict. Kidnaper sentenced to life term: An Anti-terrorism Court on Thursday announced life imprisonment to one Liaqat for kidnapping an eight-year old boy for ransom. It also directed authorities concerned to confiscate moveable and immoveable property of the convict as well. The convict along with his five accomplices had abducted an eight-year old boy Shaan, a resident of Shahdara. They had demanded Rs 2 million as ransom for the release of the boy. The accused persons had released the boy after receiving Rs 175,000 from his family, and after that the police concerned had registered a case against the kidnappers on a complaint of Nazir, the father of Shaan. On Thursday, the court after hearing the final arguments of both parties announced punishment for Liaqat and released other five by giving them a benefit of doubt.