KARACHI - At least four people were killed in separate acts of violence in different parts of the city on Saturday.
A nineteen-year-old Muhammad Bilal, son of Liaquat Ali, was killed when he was sitting outside his home in Orangi Town within the limits of Pirabad police station. Police officials said that two armed motorcyclists were behind the incident. His body was taken to Abbasi Shaheed Hospital and later handed over to his family. Police officials said that the victim used to work at a garment’s shop and the motive behind the incident had yet to be ascertained.
A body of a young man, which has yet to be identified, was found from Kamil Gali within the jurisdiction of Kharadar police station. Police officials said that the deceased was killed after kidnapping, adding that he was shot once in his head and several marks of torture were also found on his body. The body was moved to morgue for identification after medico-legal formalities.
Meanwhile, a young worker of Sweets Shop was killed during scuffle with another employee in Liaqutabad area within the remits of Super Market police station. SHO Raza said that the victim identified as 25-year-old Abul Razzaq, son of Mansha, who fought with his colleague Zain over some petty issue. Zain hit the victim with iron stick. He died on the spot and the culprit managed to flee from the scene. The body was shifted to Abbasi Shaheed Hospital for postmortem and later handed over to his heirs.
A man namely 60-year-old Anchar, son of Hott Khan, was gunned down in Wazir Goth within the remits of Sohrab Goth police station. Police official said that the victim had killed over some personal dispute. The body of the victim was sent to the Abbasi Shaheed Hospital for autopsy.
Meanwhile, four policemen of the Orangi Town police station were suspended over negligence, by the police high ups. The policemen were included sub-inspector Shabbir, head constable Shaukat and police constables Dost Muhammad and Nazeer Ansari.
They were suspended as they did not take any action when the crowd of people was busy setting the passenger bus on fire within Pakistan Bazaar police remits after the killing of Pakistan Peoples Party’s worker namely Javed Bihari on Thursday.