ISLAMABAD  - Pakistan Muslim League (PML-Q) General Secretary Mushahid Hussain Syed is missing from the recent political scene due to a dispute with his party leadership over becoming part of Qadri 's revolution, The Nation has learnt.
Well-placed sources in PML-Q informed this scribe on Monday that the dispute between Mushahid Hussain and President PML-Q Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain aroused since the arrival of PAT Dr. Tahir-UL-Qadri at Islamabad Airport in June 2014. The sources said that Shujaat telephoned Mushahid Hussain and asked him to go to the airport for welcoming Qadri on behalf of their party but Mushahid denied straightway that he would not go the airport for receiving Qadri neither in personal nor in official capacity, so send Moonis Elahi, the son of former CM Punjab Pervaiz Elahi, for it. After refusal of Mushahid , Shaujaat went to the airport himself along with other party leadership. Mushahid did not attend a single meeting, which was held between Qadri and PML-Q leadership.
Mushahid was the close aide of Shujaat and he had played a key role during the negotiations between the PPP government and PML-Q, and the PML-Q top leadership gave preference to Mushahid 's input on different political issues.
Talking to The Nation, Kamal Ali Agha, Secretary Information PML-Q, said that Mushahid has no difference with Shujaat and he left for Korea Sunday night.
Replying to a question, Agha said it was true that Mushahid was missing in the recent political crisis and he should have shown his presence during the meetings of PML-Q leadership with Qadri . He said he has no idea that Mushahid would return before 14th August and join the Qadri 's march along with party leadership.
When The Nation contacted a senior leader of PML-Q, Raja Basharat, he said Mushahid was not in Pakistan, therefore, he may not join PML-Q in Lahore. Basharat said he has no accurate information about the Mushahid 's boycott of Qadri 's revolution.
This scribe tried several times to contact Mushahid for his views on this issue and called him and sent text messages but he did not respond in this regard.