The pledge, made by the federal and the Punjab governments to give compensation to the injured and heirs of those killed in a bomb blast in a passengers’ train on October 21, has not been fulfilled yet.
At least seven persons had been killed and 16 others injured when the passenger train was struck by a bomb explosion in Balochistan’s Naseerabad district. The deceased also included two brothers and residents of Sadiqabad, Rahim Yar Khan district. The heirs of the two victims and the injured have not been given compensation so far. Because of poverty, the injured victim of the blast is unable to get treatment. Notably, the mother of the brothers had died soon after hearing the news of their death.
Muhammad Akhtar, the father of the deceased brothers and their injured brother, demanded that Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Shahrif should ensure the provision of the pledged compensation to them and free treatment of his injured son.
Aktar, a resident of Chak 142-P Bangla Manthar, detailed that his sons Naeem, Naseem and Nadeem were going back to Balochistan from Sadiqabad by Jafar Express, When the train reached Dera Murad Jamali, a bomb planted near the rail line exploded. As a result, Naeem and Naseem were killed on the spot, he said.
The train was carrying hundreds of passengers from Punjab province who were returning to Balochistan after Eid holidays. The Home Secretary had said the seven people, including two women, who were killed in the incident were all passengers. However, senior police officials had suspected that Baloch rebels were responsible for the attack.